What is abnormal pap smear results ?
First we are going to cover some basic meanings of words that can be found on paper for abnormal pap smear results.
We have two types of pap smear results:
- Negativ - that means normal result, good one. Normal cervical cells were discovered during your pap smear test. You won't need any further treatment or testing until you're due for your next pap smear and pelvic exam.
- Positive - that means abnormal results, not so good to very bad one. If unusual cells were discovered during your pap smear test, you're said to have a positive result. A positive result doesn't mean you have cervical cancer. What a positive result means depends on the type of cells discovered in your test.
- Dysplasia - ( or cervical dysplasia ) is the medical term for abnormal cells on the cervix. If the abnormalities are mild and few in number, they usually go away without treatment. However, some cases of moderate dysplasia, and most cases of severe dysplasia, will not go away on their own. At this stage, the cells are considered "pre-cancer". In other words, if they are not found and treated, they could develop into cervical cancer.
What types of abnormal pap smear results can be found on paper?
Types of abnormal pap smear results:
- Parakeratosis - is often associated with irritation and inflammation and SIL. This can occur due to a chronic yeast infection, for example, or if the uterus is prolapsed and the cervix, therefore, is pushed down to the vaginal opening, where it can more easily become inflamed. Using a diaphragm may lead to parakeratosis. It is associated with cervical dysplasia more commonly than hyperkeratosis.
- Hyperkeratosis - is a finding of dried skin cells on your pap smear test. This change in the cells of the cervix often occurs from cervical cap or diaphragm use or from infection. Hyperkeratosis usually does not need any more evaluation than a repeat Pap smear in six months.
- ASCUS - (say “ask-us”) atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance is the squamous cells of your cervix were slightly abnormal on your pap smear test. ASCUS may be caused by a vaginal infection or an infection with a virus called HPV (human papillomavirus, or wart virus). ASCUS is the most common abnormal pap test result.
- ASC-H - atypical squamous cells cannot exclude HSIL. If you have this result then you need to have an immediate colposcopy. ASC-H means that changes in the cervical cells have been found that raise concern for the presence of HSIL.
Colposcopy - is a way for your doctor to use a special magnifying device to look at your vulva, vagina and cervix. It is the same proceudre like taking pap smear. During the test, your doctor uses a lighted magnifying device that looks like a pair of binoculars. This device is called a colposcope. It allows your doctor to see problems that would be missed by the naked eye. A camera can be attached to the colposcope to take pictures or videos of the vagina and cervix.Your doctor may put vinegar (acetic acid) and sometimes iodine on the vagina and cervix with a cotton swab or cotton balls. It allows the doctor to see problem areas more clearly.
Cervical biopsy - it is a surgical procedure in which a small amount of tissue is removed from the cervix for tests to see what kinde abnormalities are on cervix and they can include the presence of the human papillomavirus ( HPV ) or cells that are precancerous.
What categories are in abnormal pap smear results ?
SIL and CIN categories of abnormal pap smear results are;
Categories that goes under SIL are:
- SIL - squamous intraepithelial lesion is used to describe Pap test results. “Squamous” refers to the type of cells that make up the tissue that covers the cervix. SIL is not a diagnosis of precancer or cancer.
- LSIL - stands for low-grade squamous intraepithelial leison. This is a common condition of the cells of the cervix and often occurs when the HPV wart virus is present. These changes in the cervix can be present even if you and your sexual partner are monogamous and have never had visible warts. Changes caused by LSIL often get better with time. Your doctor will talk with you about whether you need to have Pap smears every six months for two years or whether you should have colposcopy. It is also referd as CIN 1 ( CIN I ).
- HSIL or HGSIL - stands for high-grade squamous intraepithelial leison. HSILs are usually caused by certain types of human papillomavirus (HPV).HSIL suggests more serious changes in the cervix than LSIL. It is more likely than LSIL to be associated with precancer and cancer. But both LSIL and HSIL may or may not become cancer. HSIL is sometimes called moderate or severe dysplasia. HSIL it is also called CIN 3 (CIN III ).
Categories that goes under CIN are:
- CIN - stands for Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia. A term used to describe abnormal changes in the cells of the cervix that are caused by infection with human papillomavirus.
- CIN 1 - is used for mild (low-grade) changes in the cells that usually go away on their own without treatment. It may be also referd as LSIL.
- CIN 2 - is used for moderate changes. It may be also referd as HSIL.
- CIN 3- is used for more severe (high-grade) changes. It may be also referd as HSIL.
Moderate and high-grade changes can progress to cancer. For this reason, they may be described as “precancer.”
- CIS - Carcinoma-in-situ is not cancer. Formerly known as CIN 4 and CIN 5, but they don't use this terms any more. In fact, it is just a severe form of dysplasia, and the abnormal cells still remain confined within the skin and CIS can not spread to other area of the body. Recently, in order to eliminate confusion, the term carcinoma-in-situ was replaced with the term high-grade dysplasia.
-Glandular - cells are another type of cell that make up the thin layer of tissue that covers the inner canal of the cervix. Glandular cells also are present inside the uterus. AGC and AIS.
- AGC - atypical glandular cells (formerly known as AGUS ) result means that changes have been found in glandular cells that raise concern for the presence of precancer or cancer.
- AIS - adenocarcinoma in situ results mean that an intraepithelial lesion containing malignant appearing glandular epithelium that carries a significant risk of invasive adenocarcinoma if not treated. Also known as high grade cervical glandular intraepithelial neoplasia (HG-CGIN). Associated with high risk HPV, particularly types 16 and 18 .
So we have covered basic terms in abnormal pap smear results. And now we can go to alternative treatments for abnormal pap smear.
IMPORTANT! Never use essential oils in pregnancy. Never! It is not safe.
Alternative treatment for abnormal pap smear results
First said that this kind of treatment is only suited for Parakeratosis, Hyperkeratosis, ASCUS, LSIL , HSIL, CIN I, CIN II and HPV. And if your obgyn says; Let's wait and see for the next 3 - 6 months what is going to happend, maybe next Pap smear results are going to be back in normal.
After that you can start with alternative healing ( medicine). Because in that period of 3 - 6 months you can really heal your cervix and get your pap smear results back in normal.
So lets start on how to heal your self with natural remedies, herbs, vitamins, yogurts and good bacteria.
- St. Johns Wort Oil (base oil) (lat. Hypericum perforatum)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil ( lat. Melaleuca alternifolia
- Lavander Essential Oil ( lat.Lavandula angustifolia)
- Tamanu/Foraha Oil (base oil) ( lat.Calophyllum inophyllum)
- Ravensara Essential Oil (lat.Cinnamomum camphora) very good against HPV
- Eucalyptus polybractea ct. Cripton Essential Oil ( this essential oil is very good against HPV )
Date de fin: lundi oct.-16-2017 19:45:18 CEST
Achat immédiat pour seulement: 42,63 EUR
Achat immédiat | Ajouter à vos Affaires à suivre
20 ml St Johns Wort Oil
10 ml Tamanu/Foraha Oil
50 drops Ravensara Essential Oil
20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
20 drops Eucalyptus polybractea ct. Cripton Essential Oil
You need to blend this essential and base oils together. After that you soak your tampon (choose unbleached cotton tampons) in it. You put soaked tampon in your vagina two (2) times for two (2) hours a day for the next twenty (20) days. After that you are going to have pause for next 7 -10 days .
In that time you are going to use vaginal suppositories made with acidophilus yogurt and mixed with good bacteria ( home made it is very easy to make them, don't worry 🙂 ).
Also after using this blend of base oils and essential oils for 20 days. And after that 7 - 10 days of using vaginal suppositories you can take 5 -7 days rest and then star all over again.
But do not stop using vitamins and minerals and herbal immune system boosters . They are very important to build good health and fight for good pap smear result.
About essential oils ;
Essential oils must always be high premium therapeutic grade.Today you can find so many companies that produce essential oils but only few of them are really thrue essential oils.
On the bottle and/or box must be written:
- The Latin name of the genus and plant types
It is important to know the exact species from which the essential oil obtained For example, for lavender, there are more types of lavender essential oils that give different effects due to differences in the chemical composition: Lavender "Lavandula angustifolia" broad-lavender "L. latifolia ', Spanish lavender "L. stoechas" lavender "L. hybrida". So there is more than one type of eucalyptus - "Eucalyptus globulus", "E. radiata", "E. citriodora" More Type of mint, pine, spruce, cedar, incense and other plants.
-The main chemical components - essential oil chemotype
The same type of plant, depending on the place of growth it gives the essential oil of different chemical composition and, of course, completely different mode of action.
-Part of the plant
For example, when the type of bitter orange "Citrus aurantium var. amara "from the leaves you get petitgrain. From husks of the fruits you get bitter orange oil and from flowers you get precious and expensive essential oil of neroli. This information is extremely important and respected manufacturers cite him for all the oil in its offer.
-Method of obtaining oil
The manner of obtaining the essential oil depends on what will be the chemical composition, and therefore his actions. For example, citrus essential oils can be obtained from the husks (fruit peel) with cold pressed and also with steam distillation. Therefore they are not the same in composition, activity and in their indications.
- The name of the country where the plant grew
To excellent aromatherapist name of the country may indicate chemotype oils and finesse of its scent. For example, rosemary that grew in Corsica was probably "chemotype verbenon", while the one from North Africa "cineole chemotype". Rose from Bulgaria smell is different than the one that is growing in Turkey or Iran, although the same type and chemotypes.
-The way of growing plants
The way of how the plant was cultivated it is speaking about the quality of the plants and the possible contamination of pesticides, organic fertilizers and other growth conditions. For example, the difference between: a traditional, conventional, organic, wild growth ...
- Lot number
Thanks to Lot number we can trace where the oil is produced, who it is analyzed, where it was stored ...
- Expiration date
It is not true that the shelf life of essential oils unlimited, as on most bottles writes. In general, citrus essential oils and one of the family "Pinus" have short duration. While "viscous" essential oils (cedar, frankincense, vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli ...) have a shelf life of five to ten years. Durability greatly depends on the storage of essential oils - dry, dark, cold place.
The term chemotype, which is essential, means precision among essential oils. The same species of plant, depending on the place of growth, microclimate and genetic modifications, provides the essential oil of different chemical composition and, of course, completely different mode of action. Therefore chemotype essential oil is about its main chemical components, action and indications.
Essential oils are not something to play with. As they can be cure they can also be poison if you don't use high premium therapeutic grade essential oils and if you use them in the way " I think...." . No! You need to use essential oils like it is said in recepies. They are not toys or just fragrance. They are cure, remedy, medicine whatever you want to call it. Surely you wouldn't mess with antibiotics or some other pharmaceutical medicine. The same is with essential oils. You need to be very careful when you use them and only use high premium therapeutic grade essential oils . Also do not ingest essential oils they are not made for eating or treating illnes by ingesting any essential oils. There is no food grade essential oils. For essential oils to take them by mouth and ingest them they need to be prepared for that in special way in Oleocaps and they can only be prepared by educated person who knows pharmacology, pharmacognosy and phytoaromatherapy.
Yogurt and good bacteria:
You are going to need acidophilus yogurt ( not the liquid one but the solid/firm one ). And good bacteria in capsules also Lactobacillus acidophilus and silicone mold shaped for ice sticks.
First you take silicone mold for ice sticks. Wash the silicone mold good and dry it with paper cloth.
Then you place/fill with spoon in every row in the bottom with acidophilus yogurt. After that you take for each row one capsule with Lactobacillus acidophilus you opened up one capsule and you spread the powder that is in capsule (Lactobacillus acidophilus) from top to bottom in one rowe. And you do that for the rest of the rows. Now that is finished you take again acidophilus yogurt and with spoon you cover each row with acidophilus yogurt so that good bacteria are "trapped" in the middle of suppository.
And then you put it in freezer to freeze them up. After they freeze up take them out from silicone mold and put them in plastic bag or container and let it be in freezer.
I know that you wonder wouldn't that suppository be to cold to put it in vagina and could I get frostbite? And the answer is No. Since it is very worm inside of vagina you are really not going to feel coldnes from suppository. And it is very soothing to used them if you have common yeast infection/trush in vagina to gain back good bacteria and good flora.
You are going to use this suppositories for the next 7 - 10 days. Each night just before you go to bed you put one suppository in vagina. Also you are going to need to put panties and sanitary pad just to prevent mess.
Vitamins and minearls:
Now we are going to vitamins and minerals. They are very important to gain back good pap smear result. Good immune system is also key role in good pap smear result.
-Beta Carotene - 25 000 IU one a day (it is better to use just beta-carotene then pure vitamin A, because vitamin A in excessive dose a day for instance 25 000 IU, it is toxic because vitamin A is fat soluble, that means it bulids up in your body and you can't flush it out. Beta carotene is natural vitamin A. Also do not use beta carotene soybean oil in capsules because of GMO.
-Vitamin C - 1,000-1,500 mg one a day ( ascorbic acid or L - ascorbic acid there is no difference both are good ones )
-Vitamin E - 400 - 800 IU one a day (natural = d alpha-tocopherol , synthetic = dl alpha-tocopheryl ). We need the best one not the synthetic one. Because synthetic Vitamin E is produced from petrochemicals and natural vitamin E is drived from vegetable oil. Also it is very good to use mixed tocopherols vitamin E. Like d-Alpha Tocopherol, d-Beta Tocopherol, d-Delta Tocopherol and d-Gamma Tocopherol.
-B complex - 100 mg one a day . Just be sure that in vitamin B complex Vitamin B12 is listed as Methylcobalamin and not as Cyanocobalamin.
-Folate - 5 mg one a day. Best one is Methyl Folate (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid or (6S)-5-MTHF. This is the most biologically active form of folic acid. You can read more here about Methyl Folate and how to use it.
-Selenium - 200 mcg one a day. We want the L-selenomethionine and not the Sodium selenite.
-Zinc - 30 mg one a day. We want the chelated zinc - zinc glycinate or picolinate and not the zinc oxide.
-Multivitamins - we need high streght and good ratio multivitamins.
Herbs for immune system:
-Echinacea - ( lat. Echinacea purpurea) you can use tincture alcohol free , capsules or drink tea.
-Propolis - you can use tincture alcohol free or in capsule form.
What else can cause abnormal pap smear?
If you smoke quit smoking beacuse – smoking weakens the immune system and depletes the body of vitamins.
Try to reduce your stress levels to a minimmum. Stress also weakens immune system and deplete the body of vital nutrients.
Family history of cervical cancer or dysplasia – a history of dysplasia in the family can indicate a greater risk of developing dysplasia. But you can fight that if you take good care of yourself and maintain your health. Also regular visits to the gynecologist for annual Pap test is required for healthy pap smears results.
Hormonal methods of birth control – have huge impact on the risk of developing cervical dysplasia it increases the chance by at least 50% in those using oral contraceptives. Birth control pills also have impact levels of vitamin C, B vitamins, folate and zinc. Research has shown a direct link between low folate levels and abnormal pap smears as well as an increase in the incidence of HPV infection.
Dietary factors and life style – a poor diet, high in refined or processed foods will lead to nutritional deficiencies and reduce the body’s overall health and immunity. Eat a well-balanced diet concentrate on fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and also yogurt with good bacteria. Also you need to make some life changes. Nothing drastic just go for a walk every day for an hour. Fresh air, moving like simple walk also stimulate immune system as well.
If you have repeated vaginal infections like yeast infections, smelly vaginal discharge, abnormally discoloured discharge, irritation, itch, swelling and discomfort you need to go to your doctor. So he/she can take vaginal swab to determine what kind of infection is bacterial or viral. Because infections can also cause cervical dysplasia. Vaginal swabs are collected in the same way as Pap smear test. HPV test is also preformed in the same way as taking vaginal swabs.
My personal fight with abnormal pap smear results
I have had bad pap smear results several times. First time when I was 23 years old my results were bad CIN II /III. I had colposcopy exam which confirmed changes on my cervix. After that doctors send me to do a cervical biopsy. I was given general anesthesia for cervical biopsy. And after two weeks results came back confirming CIN III with HPV. Doctors have immediately scheduled the operation called cone biopsy. Three weeks later my results from cone biopsy came back and they successfully removed all bad tissue from my cervix. So I was good again but the scar on cervix is left for life.
My next not so good pap smear results came back when I was 31 years old. It was Parakeratosis and I have listen my doctor and she said; Oh that is nothing it is going to clear on their own. Lets wait and see what is going to be on next annual Pap test.
Bad advice which I have followed, I waited! And for what?!
So you can guess my next annual Pap smear test result was a little worst then the previos one. It was ASCUS. And of course my doctor again said the same thing; Oh it is nothing. Lets wait and see what is going to happend in next 6 months . Then I said to my self; O no not again! I'm not going to wait again and not to try to heal my self alone.
So after long research I have found the thing that is working for me ever since. This recepies have helped me I have cleared my abnormal pap smear results. You just need to be persistent and results will be there.
Also when your next pap smear results come back negative ( normal ) do not stop using vitamins or immune system boosters. They are going to help you and your body to fight in future for a good pap smear results and overall good health.